The assembly area for this school is the grassed area located in the North East corner of the site (near the bike shed). Room specific Evacuation Maps are placed in each classroom, office and other buildings. Please see the school's WH&S Notice Board for the full Emergency Management Plan.
Scope: applies to all buildings and premises of the school.
The Principal (or delegate) is to ring the emergency evacuation alarm. An emergency bell will ring 3 times for fire. In the event of a bomb threat, the bell will ring continuously, if there is electricity failure the hand held bell found on the administration office desk will be rung instead or whistles may be used. Families will be informed and updated as often as possible in the event of an emergency.
GS Kidd Memorial School — Emergency Evacuation Procedure
If an evacuation becomes necessary the following procedures should be followed:
3 rings of the bell: all classes move to the grassed area in front of the bike shed
In case of fire, bomb or bush fire threat:
- Notify the office immediately
- School admin or assistant/principal to phone Police or Fire Brigade on 000
- All teachers to close all doors and windows if possible (fire or bush fire)
- Entire school to evacuate to Gunnedah Golf Club (bomb)
- Entire school to evacuate to multi-purpose space/hall (bush fire)
Move students out by nearest safe exit, class rolls must be taken.
- Leave all belongings in case of fire
- Take all belongings in case of bomb threat including food and drink
- Take all belongings in case of bushfire to multi-purpose space/hall including food and drink.
Classes assemble on grassed area, school hall or Gunnedah Golf Club — all rolls checked and students accounted for.
GS Kidd Memorial School - Lockdown Procedure 2016
If lockdown situation becomes necessary the following procedures should be followed:
Continuous ring of the bell: all classes stay in their rooms or if students are outside playing, staff to move students to the nearest classroom. Principal communicates using the internal phone system or with mobiles.
- Lock all external doors and gates if possible.
- Ring Police on 000, Safety and Security Unit 1300 363 778, Director of Schools Mark Young 0447 097 467
- Direct staff to liaise with emergency services.
- Use internal phone system or mobiles to ensure that 'lock down' has occurred in each building.
- Immediately stop work, students stay in their rooms or move to the closest room if coming in from theplayground.
- Check toilets and lock the doors.
- Lock all external doors and pull blinds down.
- Students to be supervised by staff who are calm.
- Students move to the centre of the room away from windows.
- Office to be contacted to report lockdown status and any students not in the class room stay on the phone until you are answered.
- Ensure no students leave buildings — buckets to be used for emergency toileting if needed — until the allclear is given.
All clear: internal phones or mobiles used to inform that classes can resume as normal.